Raising the Barr is a weekly memo, which is always pithy, powerful and succinct. It focuses on innovative ideas by maximizing your life and business while leveraging strategy, content, technology and the web, to help you transform the success.
This week’s reflection point: Many I talk with struggle to find effective ways to get in front of potential clients. The answers may be simpler than you thought:
- Collaborate with others. Why not select an individual or a group of individuals you respect and suggest you join forces and develop an article or create a product together. If each individual you collaborate with has a list of 5,000 contacts, doing so 10 times will expose you to 50,000 additional possible contacts.
- Speaking publicly. When you present to one person, you are obviously limited to the potential impact you have. Present to a group of interested individuals and your single message is heard and multiplied many times by the number of people attending.
- Virtual and digital experiences. Whether appearing on webinars, TV, radio and Internet shows, your global exposure could be enormous. Look for such venues where you may share your ideas.
- Interviews. Have others interview you and you interview others. Each time you do this, you expose your followers to additional value and get the exposure to their followers.
- Publish. Use any chance you have to share your valuable ideas in a variety of formats and platforms. Articles, podcasts, booklets, books, videos, digital experiences, that get published through your site, blog, membership areas and such. This will have a profound impact on your ability to reach potential buyers.
- Beyond your site. Don’t fall into the trap of publishing your content solely on your site. Each time you have a chance to publish on others’ sites and platforms such as YouTube or iTunes, you dramatically expand your exposure.
- Create an app. This gives you the opportunity to tap into a global world that is hungry for great content.
- Join and create strategic communities. The word strategic means thriving communities that invite individuals that represent the profile of your target buyer. Each time you interact with such a community, your message is then amplified by the number of active members in that community.
- Referrals. This is one of the key factors to the success of my business and that of my clients. If each of your clients refers you to 3 potential clients and each one of them refers you to 3 others, the permutation potential is absolutely astonishing.
- Viral spread. When your content resonates with others, they will share and forward it to others who will then do the same. The key here is to create remarkable content and encourage others to share it.
- Journalists. They look for good content to publish and hold the power to quote and interview you as the expert in serious publications that would spread your words. Build strong relationships with them and see your credibility and reach soar.
- Social media. Need I say more?
The key objective when having such opportunities is to deliver valuable and irresistible ideas to that audience while enticing them to spread your word and stay in touch with you. When this happens, the results are magical, which would help you create exponential exposure.
What other ideas have you found to be effective? And oh yes, if you find this article helpful, don’t forget to share it with others.
This week’s tip: Choose one of the 12 ideas above and commit to implement one per month. In one year, I assure you will increase your exposure exponentially.
You may subscribe and encourage others to subscribe by clicking here.
Privacy statement: Your email address is never shared with anyone for any reason.
Check out my podcast series called Raising the Barr on iTunes.
If you’d like to reach me email: [email protected]
or call my direct line: 440-394-8004
© Chad Barr 2014. All Rights Reserved.