Raising the Barr is a weekly memo, which is always pithy, powerful and succinct. It focuses on innovative ideas by maximizing your life and business while leveraging strategy, content, technology and the web, to help you transform the success.
This week’s reflection point: Here are the top myths I hear and see when it comes to your web presence:
- It’s all about the traffic. Getting thousands of visits per day from irrelevant individuals is meaningless and worthless. The key is to create credibility to attract your true buyers.
- It is challenging to create content and products. As a matter of fact it’s easier than you think. Just read my blog and you will discover many ideas of how to do this.
- I just need to redesign my site. I’d suggest you first create your business and Internet strategy, and then focus on what your remarkable content should look like. Only then should you design your wow look and navigation.
- I don’t need a world-class web site. It only takes a few seconds to establish a first impression. This applies to your site as well. The question is how much more successful you could become with an effective world-class site?
- I can do it all myself. Imagine if your clients felt that they can do it themselves. Although there are certain tasks you should learn to do, why not focus your talents and energy on what you do best and let the experts do what they do best.
- I shouldn’t put all my content out there. This may sound counterintuitive but the more of your content that you put out there, the more it will challenge you to keep creating and innovating and the more clients and interest it will attract to you.
What other myths have you heard or seen?
This week’s tip: Learn to avoid common myths that may reduce or derail your success.
You may subscribe and encourage others to subscribe by clicking here.
Privacy statement: Your email address is never shared with anyone for any reason.
Check out my podcast series called Raising the Barr on iTunes.
If you’d like to reach me email: [email protected]
or call my direct line: 440-394-8004
© Chad Barr 2014. All Rights Reserved.