This week’s reflection point: I am here in Miami, Florida, meeting with our global growth circle (Suzanne Bates, Guido Quelle, Phil Symchych, Bart Sayle, Steven Gaffney, Chad Barr) facilitated by Alan Weiss. The essence of our meeting is to challenge ourselves to think bigger and to impact our lives and businesses and that of our clients. Here are some of the insights shared by our group:
What key question should you ask yourself or your clients to raise the bar?
- What do I need to let go of, so I can do what I need to do?
- What was my most recent success and how can I replicate it?
- How can I increase what I most enjoy doing and decrease what I don’t?
- What does it look like for me to be the world’s best?
- What does think bigger mean to me?
- Where am I not challenging myself?
- Why am I at less than my full potential?
- Do I have the courage to do what it takes to be successful?
Best implemented growth ideas:
- Calling buyers and bankers
- Consistently reinventing and pushing ourselves to go to a higher level
- Track how many sales conversations we have
- Developing an acquisition pipeline
- Asking clients to give us a reference to a new client while using the opportunity to share with our client what we are currently doing
- Creating irresistible and dynamic communities
- Have a fierce commitment to take action and execute our ideas
Trends to watch for:
- Web sites created by artificial intelligence
- Developmental experiences without the need to travel
- Technology is impacting us faster than we can conceive
- Desire to humanize technology and have it work for us
- A quest to find out our meaning and purpose and the why
- Use of technology to accelerate speed and results
- Truth is revealed faster than ever before
- International move towards clean air, clean water and clean knowledge
- Growing disparity of wealth and poverty as it relates to the item above
- More intelligent and educated consumers than ever before
- A bigger sense and need of belonging to communities
- Internet presence impact on business reputation and strong brand
What developmental experiences to you attend and also offer to your clients?
This week’s tip: What key questions should you ask yourself to raise the bar? What are your best growth ideas? And What trends do you recommend to watch for?
Raising the Barr is a weekly memo, which is always pithy, powerful and succinct. It focuses on innovative ideas by maximizing your life and business while leveraging strategy, content, technology and the web, to help you transform the success.
You may subscribe and encourage others to subscribe by clicking here.
Privacy statement: Your email address is never shared with anyone for any reason.
Check out my podcast series called Raising the Barr on iTunes.
If you’d like to reach me email: [email protected]
or call my direct line: 440-394-8004
© Chad Barr 2015. All Rights Reserved.