The way to increase the chances that your web visitors receive the value from your site and contact you is through your call to action. Each page must have a defined call to action or multiples. Here are some you may want to include on your sites and newsletters:
- Contact us (call /email / fax)
- Sign up today
- Join our mailing list
- Purchase product / service
- Learn more
- Take survey
- Join our online forum
- Download article (white paper, CD, MP3, PDF)
- Request consultation / brochure
- Refer site / article to a friend
- Click here
- Get your copy today
- Print friendly option
- Apply now
- Ask the expert
- View video
- Listen to podcast
- Get your score (rank yourself)
- Read what others are saying
- Like this product? Here are others you may enjoy
- Don’t underestimate the power of anchor text (hyperlinked words) so for instance, instead of using “click here” to direct the visitor to another page, why not use a powerful and provocative sentence or the name of one of your article, combined with a hyperlink to send the visitor to that page. How to better reach CEOs or CFOs is such an example.
- Here is another example. Click on the image below.
What other call to actions do you like or find effective? Please write in the comment section below.
© Chad Barr 2006. All rights reserved.