This week’s reflection point: A common question I am asked all the time is how to increase the traffic to the site. Here are my recommendations:
- Publish great content regularly and in a variety of formats.
- The longer you do this (longevity) the better exposure your site and content would have.
- Blog often on fresh and relevant topics that are of help to your clients.
- When people find your content valuable that will share with others which will cause your content to go viral and attract others to you.
- Publish regular columns for others and incorporate interesting links to your sites.
- Collaborate with others by posting your content on their site and blog, which will help expose your content to others.
- Invite others to post on your site and blog, which will attract their followers to you.
- Incorporate interesting hypertext links in your content that lead to your additional resources.
- Archive your email newsletters on your site.
- Ask your visitors questions and ask them to share your content with others.
- When posting your videos on YouTube or other such platforms, insert links to various pages on your site in the video description and also embed in the actual video.
- Insert interesting links in your email signature.
- Place the links to your site on your business card, stationary and other corporate correspondence.
- Reference interesting links in your speaking presentations and interviews.
- Comment on others’ blogs, online publications and online forums and groups with links to additional resources on your site.
- Incorporate helpful links to your sites on the various social media platforms.
- Incorporate effective calls to action on your site to entice the visitor to click on.
- Have other reputable sites link to yours.
- Target key clients and share with them your valuable content that addresses their key issues through a concept I call targeted value.
It’s one thing to attract visitors to your site and another to convert them into a customer or a frequent visitor. This perhaps may be the topic of an upcoming newsletter. Stay tuned.
This week’s tip: Although increasing traffic to your site is an important objective, the key is to focus on qualitative visits.
You may subscribe and encourage others to subscribe by clicking here.
Privacy statement: Your email address is never shared with anyone for any reason.
Check out my podcast series called Raising the Barr on iTunes.
If you’d like to reach me email: [email protected]
or call my direct line: 440-394-8004
© Chad Barr 2013. All Rights Reserved.