This week’s reflection point: When you consume content such as an article, a video, an audio podcast or an eBook, what seems to grab your attention? Well, I am glad you ask. Let me share with you my top 10 key components to consider when creating remarkable content:
- Make it conversational, which then reveals your true voice, makes you unique and your content easier to consume.
- Incorporate provocative and contrarian thinking to challenge basic premises. Get audience to say: “I never thought about it this way.” When you create provocative content you will easily distinguish yourself from others.
- Use examples to bring your content to life, substantiate your assertions and make it easily understood.
- Be pragmatic to enable your audience to quickly take action and improve their lives and businesses. Once such technique is to use bullet points as I am doing here.
- Inject humor to make it fun and enjoyable.
- Mobilize them to act by including a call to action or even a few. For example, ask them to comment, write or call you, submit their questions, forward to others, take action and report back and so on.
- Tell a story, and actually why not start with it, which would place your audience right at the scene. Here are a couple of examples: “It was Monday morning when I received this invitation to connect on LinkedIn. But, this one was special…” Here is another: “My client, Jane, just called me excitingly shouting that she just accepted a new project for $250,000, which came directly from her web site. However…”
- Use metaphors whenever possible to greatly embellish and instantiate your message.
- Label your concepts in your own unique ad proprietary language. This is one of the important attributes I see among some of the top of thought leaders.
- Keep them glued to their seats by varying your intonation, volume, speed and the use of drama.
This week’s tip: Now that you have created your remarkable content go and start leveraging it and increase your success.
You may subscribe and encourage others to subscribe by clicking here.
Privacy statement: Your email address is never shared with anyone for any reason.
Check out my podcast series called Raising the Barr on iTunes.
If you’d like to reach me email: [email protected]
or call my direct line: 440-394-8004
© Chad Barr 2013. All Rights Reserved.