Quite a few of my clients and colleagues accept honorary and voluntary positions with various organizations and associations. Here is how to best leverage such positions:
- Focus on delivering genuine value for the association and its members.
- Contribute to their newsletter each time it’s sent out and provide them with helpful improvement ideas.
- Create and facilitate breakfast meetings and invite experts to present.
- Launch a series of webinars or tele-seminars with guest experts.
- Create relationships with strategic members.
- Contact members and inquire how you and the association can be of additional help.
- Have members share their success stories.
- Share on your web site and blog.
When you help members of the association increase their success, the association becomes more successful and so do you.
© Chad Barr 2014. All Rights Reserved.