This week’s reflection point: To successfully market your business you need to review the positioning of your business. This hot topic is one that I am often asked to talk about.
To help you assess the positioning of your company I prepared these key questions for you to review and answer:
- What is the purpose of your business and why does it exist?
- If you fast forward a year or two into the future, how would you paint the success of your business? What does that look like?
- How would you describe the profiles of your preferred buyers?
- Where are they located?
- What is their age range and gender?
- What positions do they hold in their organizations?
- What is their income and revenues?
- What are they interested in? What do they read, watch, listen to and what events do they attend?
- What are the top personal and business challenges they face?
- What opportunities arise to help them achieve their desired goals?
- What may be the cost and price they pay for doing nothing?
- What are your remarkable offerings that make you irresistible and how do you impact their future and success?
- What’s unique about your intellectual property that makes you distinguishable from others?
- How do you help transform their lives and businesses and what are the amazing results they achieve by virtue of working with you?
What results are described in your client testimonials, case studies and client interviews?
This week’s tip: Use this critical exercise to calibrate your business GPS and the positioning of your company.