This week’s reflection point: I am here in Palm Beach, Florida, participating in Alan Weiss’s Thought Leadership Symposium. Surrounded by 28 global thought leaders from 7 countries, one of the many topics we discussed today was identifying the traits of thought leaders. Here is what we quickly came up with.
- Are prolific publishers of great content
- Engage emotionally
- Are Contrarian and provocative
- Convey sincerity
- Are concise
- Care about their audience
- Help their audience see the future, communicate trends and predictions
- Have a unique perspective
- Are passionate about their work
- Come across as authentic and original
- Are risk-takers
- Communicate strongly and effectively
- Innovate and reinvent themselves
- Have strong work ethics
- Execute with great discipline
- Are bold and fearless
- Quickly synthesize and articulate their point of view
- Market themselves effectively
- Are charismatic
- Show intellectual curiosity and openness
- Are pragmatic
- Don’t seek validation
- Embrace speed
- Are seen and heard publicly
- Have verbal and written skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Have published multiple book
- Demand high fees
- Inspire derivatives
- Lead with their name as the brand
- Use metaphors
- Develop intellectual property constantly
- Often have a teaching and coaching connection
- Are altruistic and here to create a legacy
- Exude confidence and high esteem
This week’s tip: Select the top traits that apply to you and then determine how you will improve them over the next year.
Raising the Barr is a weekly memo, which is always pithy, powerful and succinct. It focuses on innovative ideas by maximizing your life and business while leveraging strategy, content, technology and the web, to help you transform the success.
You may subscribe and encourage others to subscribe by clicking here.
Privacy statement: Your email address is never shared with anyone for any reason.
Check out my podcast series called Raising the Barr on iTunes.
If you’d like to reach me email: [email protected]
or call my direct line: 440-394-8004
© Chad Barr 2014. All Rights Reserved.