I thought Cleveland was on a roll with great weather; we had 4 consecutive days of sunshine and cold temps while waiting for spring. And spring finally arrived and brought winter with it…..again……
Another 8 inches of snow and grey skies cue me to look for inspiration on my business path. I wanted to share with you some quotes from truly exceptional leaders to spring you forward as well.
- Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy’s. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.”
- Golda Meir, fourth Prime Minister of Israel. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.”
- Socrates, a found of western philosophy. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.”
- Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.”
- Larry Ellison, founder of Oracle Corporation. “When you innovate, you’ve got to be prepared for people telling you that you are nuts.”
- Mark Cuban, owner of Landmark Theaters and chairman of AXS TV. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.”
- Walter Disney, found of the Disney Brother Studio and Disneyland. “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
- Lakshmi Mittal, chairman & CEO of ArcelorMittal. “Always think outside the box and embrace opportunities that appear, wherever they might be.”
- Michael Dell, founder of Dell. “You don’t need to be a genius or a visionary, or even a college graduate for that matter, to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream.”
- Charles Darwin, naturalist, geologist and biologist. “It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.”
And finally, from me, Chad Barr, Founder of The Chad Barr Group. “Life presents us with amazing gifts and opportunities. The key is to learn to pay attention to the signals, take risks and view the challenges we face along the way as the signs that we are on the right track.”
Many before you have created masterpieces from their failures and dreams. What quote and legacy describes your success?
Get your copy of my latest new books available now on my Amazon’s author page.