Creating a powerful web presence is like putting together a complete jigsaw puzzle in just the right way. It’s not easy, but the end result is impressive and remarkable.
Whether you run a small services company or a large corporation, the puzzle pieces are the same: strategizing, marketing branding, socializing, publishing and monetizing. Understanding how these six components fit together is critical to dominating the web. If you neglect one puzzle piece, the whole picture falls apart.
So how do you put it all together? At The Chad Barr Group, we’ve got it down to a science:
- Strategizing: Strategy is the heart of web domination. The first step to building a powerful web presence is to create a robust business plan. Without one, your web presence will lack a solid foundation and fail to generate momentum. To strategize effectively, answer the following questions: What does success look like for your business? Who are your buyers? What interests them? What do you offer that makes you irresistible to your client base? Your answers to these questions will form the basis of your business strategy.
- Marketing: If strategy is the heart of web domination, then marketing is the oxygen flow. Without a clear, effective marketing plan, your business strategy will flat-line. You must create a marketing blueprint to drive your business plan, no matter what industry you’re in. Whether you choose to blog, leverage social media, establish newsletter campaigns, or build email lists, marketing is critical to attracting the right buyers. A truly successful marketing strategy won’t just draw customers to your business–it will compel them to make the first move, approaching you directly.
- Branding: Branding is the creative cousin of marketing. While marketing gets your message out there, branding develops the message itself. Every company should have a unique brand that sets it apart. Think of Coke and Pepsi–two products that are now synonymous with soda. These drinks have such strong branding that they literally dominate the way we talk about sweet carbonated liquids. So what’s your Coke or Pepsi?
What sets you apart from your competition, and defines your niche in the marketplace? Most people can’t answer these important questions. Establish your unique identity by finishing these sentences: I am the expert on _________. My company is known as the __________.
- Publishing: Great content is crucial to web domination. The top thought leaders in every industry are prolific publishers of remarkable content. Whether you’re a one-person operation or a hundred-employee company, your business must publish great content to generate interest from your target market. Establish a consistent flow of blog posts, articles, videos, and podcasts to solidify your web presence. The key is to share your intellectual property directly with your ideal customers.
- Socializing: Even if you do everything else right, your web presence will falter if you don’t leverage it by socializing. Don’t be the person sitting in the corner at a networking event. Make a concerted effort to forge deep connections, strike up good conversations, and create trusting relationships. The advent of social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, Instagram and Pinterest has brought the social world to your fingertips. Utilize every possible social mechanism to give your company maximum exposure.
- Monetizing: Even after you’ve put together the first five pieces of the web domination puzzle, one remains: monetizing. You’ve created a standout business strategy, implemented your marketing plan, branded your company, established a publishing mechanism, and committed to socializing. Now it’s time to make money from it all. Make sure that every aspect of your web presence is geared toward your strategy buyers. Present your potential customers with tremendous value that can’t be ignored. And start reaping the profits.
Focus on the six key components to web domination: strategizing, marketing, branding, socializing, publishing, and monetizing. With a holistic approach, you can build a truly remarkable web presence.
Get your copy of my latest new books available now on my Amazon’s author page.