When presenting or facilitating to a group, here are some idea to improve their experience and the value they receive:
- Ask them to share their top issues and concerns that they would like to resolve by the time the session is adjourn.
- Share you wisdom, experiences and best practices and substantiate with examples.
- Engage in exercises that allow them to accelerate their learning.
- Provoke them.
- Ask them for their top take-aways and call to actions as you get ready to wrap-up.
- Leave ample time for Q&A
- Find ways to stay in touch with them after the event.
What are other ideas you can think of that have worked well for you?
© Chad Barr 2014. All Rights Reserved.