I recently received a question (which I get quite often) from one of my clients as to how to best promote the podcasts they create. Here are 13 ways to do so:
- Brand – Assign a unique and memorable name to your podcast channel with an associated design.
- Hosting Services – In order to increase your podcast exposure, post it or integrate with various hosting services such as iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play Music, Libsyn, and others.
- Blog – Post the podcast file to your blog and make it available for streaming online as well as enable visitors to subscribe to the channel and various hostig services.
- Social media – Mention and promote the podcasts on the various social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Newsletter – Promote it in your newsletter and link to your blog.
- Speaking – Mention your podcast channel during your speaking presentations or your webinars and invite the audience to subscribe to the channel.
- Interview Others – This will increase interest and variety in your podcast channel and increase its exposure by also suggesting they post it on their blogs and newsletters.
- Others interview you – This is a great way to exponentially increase the number of listeners you are reaching.
- Collaboration – Approach others to develop new intellectual property with you and record, promote and market on your mutual channels.
- Repurpose – You probably already have great older hidden treasure hidden on your site. The way to bring it back to life is to repurpose it often.
- Special offers – Embed exciting special promotional offers in your podcasts, such as an invitation to a VIP section.
- Monthly Recap – Share the list of your podcasts on a monthly basis in your newsletters or blog or the best of.
- Go Viral – Ask your audience to listen and share with others as well as review your podcast.
Use some or all of these techniques and see your podcast engagement soar.
Although these ideas apply to your podcast promotion, most apply to your other content as well.
Get your copy of my latest new books available now on my Amazon’s author page.