Do you want to know what is one of the most popular questions I am often asked? The answer has to do with monetizing one’s webs site or in other words how to make money on the web.
With that in mind, let me share with you what you must consider doing to increase the odds for success:
- Publish prolifically – If you are not sharing your great ideas often, people will forget you or will stop noticing you. You’ve got to do this to stay on their radar.
- Market consistently and vigorously – That is the proven and successful way of creating interest in you, your products and services.
- Innovate and create frequently – By this I mean that you want to position yourself as an interesting person who creates new things rather than regurgitate others’ ideas. I am referring here to interesting concepts, products and services.
- Nurture your audience – The best way is to offer significant value that impacts the success of your audience while creating strong relationships with you and among them (community).
- Courage and discipline
The naïve misconception is that quite a few people think that having a web site that contains several products and services will quickly generate financial success. The secret (as displayed in the chart below) is that in order to grow your revenues dramatically and monetize your web site, you need to develop and strengthen your brand while creating innovative products and services over time.
Finally, here are some additional actions to consider taking to increase your monetization results:
- Newsletters promotions.
- Blog announcements and featured products.
- Press releases.
- Online communities involvement.
- Affiliate relationships building.
- Online advertising.
- Social media involvement and promotion.
- Shopping cart effectiveness.
- Workshops attendance, participation and delivery.
- Apps development.
So just like good wine that often gets better with time, so will the results from your efforts to monetize your web site. Just keep doing it.
© Chad Barr 2011 All Rights Reserved