I was recently asked by one of my mentoring clients what are my success rituals. As I reflected on the question I’ve come to realize that repetitive behaviors performed over time often become a habit. That habit, if positively channeled, can then evolve into a ritual that would impact the quality of our life and success.
It became apparent to me that when I am in control of my mornings, I am then able to set the productive and enjoyable tone for the rest of my day, control my day and navigate towards my desired goals.
Here are my typical morning rituals:
- Wake up early after typically a great night of sleep. This usually is between 6 and 7AM and I often beat my iPhone alarm.
- Cleanse myself. You know, the usual brushing of teeth and washing. (I know this borders on TMI but I promised to share my rituals).
- Drink lots of water.
- Do my aerobic (6 days a week) and weight (3 days a week) workout routines. There are days that I do it in the afternoon but I usually prefer to do it in the morning.
- Take a shower and get ready mentally for another great day.
- Have a healthy breakfast, take my supplements, drink much water and prepare my cappuccino.
- Stimulate my mind with reading or listening or watching a great video, thinking and reflection time and journaling.
- Review my top goals, projects and commitments for the day that I will execute.
- Go and make it another amazing day!
I am curious what your rituals are and how you leverage them for success. My best learning comes from you and I would love for you to share. Post on my blog or wherever you see this on social media or send me an email. Thank you!
I view morning rituals as the compass and oxygen that guide and propel us to move through our day with enthusiasm, energy and passion to achieve our goals.
Get your copy of my latest new books available now on my Amazon’s author page.