This past week, when the news that my kids and grandkids would be leaving Orlando, I thought back on how many times I was able to visit Disney World and the theme parks with them over the last 7 years. Honestly, it never gets old; the wonder and the magic of the kingdom seems fresh and awesome each time. What was it about Walt Disney’s vision and drive that created this mega, magical success? Here are some of Walter Disney’s thoughts on success:
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
- “Around here, however, we don’t look backward for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
- “Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future.”
- “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all the troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.”
- “A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there.”
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
- “Do a good job. You don’t have to worry about the money; it will take care of itself.”
- “The difference in winning and losing is most often not quitting.”
- “Faith is the most important thing. If you believe in something, believe it till the end, unequivocally and without hesitation.”
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”
Here are my reflection points to Disney’s mega success and what has made them remarkable:
- Having a vision, a dream
- Taking action and pursuing that dream
- Commitment to excellence
- Building a strong culture and brand
- Constant Innovation
- Adjusting to changing times and technologies
- Outstanding customer service
- Leading the way and setting a high bar
Would love to hear your thoughts.
Do you believe in magic? I believe that when our dreams are combined with focus and massive action taking, like magic, it can all become reality.
Get your copy of my latest new books available now on my Amazon’s author page.