One of the most powerful questions I often ask myself and my clients is “how do you paint success?” in other words, if you were to fast forward into the future, what does success look like? This question is crucial in helping us identify and formulate our strategy and create and shape our future. So why is it that most don’t invest the time and energy to frequently paint their future success? How else would one achieve it if it is not clearly identified, articulated and painted?
Success, of course, is subjective and means different things to different people. To some it’s about revenues, for others it may be the freedom to choose, leaving a legacy, impacting others, building an empire, improving the world, innovating and many other definitions.
Here are a few of my suggestions to help you get started or improve:
- Stimulate your mind by finding a quiet place to reflect, dream and plan. I recall reading that Bill Gates does this yearly and for a couple of weeks at a time. Start with an hour a week and go from there.
- Surround yourself and meet with creative and successful people that you trust and feel invigorated when you are with them.
- Think big and dream even bigger.
- First, use a method of capturing your ideas and insights. Don’t filter or critique any of them. Collect all possible ideas that come to mind and place them on a whiteboard, journal, computer or whatever capture media that works for you.
- Next, review your ideas and pull out a few of top ones that you are most passionate about, that represent the utmost potential for you and your clients, and convey the highest market demand.
- Finally, create an action plan and a schedule for you to take action and bring these ideas to fruition.
I would love to hear from you and hear your ideas. Drop me a line, comment below and if this is of help, share with others.
Start painting your success today and see your blank canvas transform itself and see your empire come to life.
Get your copy of my latest new books available now on my Amazon’s author page.