Planning a brainstorming meeting with colleagues or masterminds?
Here’s the checklist:
- Peruse your calendar to find an open day/time.
- Prepare list of topics and ideas to discuss. Prepare questions and format.
- Contact colleagues.
- Confirm date, time and place.
- Gather all pertinent materials.
- Meet colleagues at agreed upon date and time.
- Be seated.
- Pull out cellphone.
What???? Unfortunately, the incredible technology available on our smartphones today is oftentimes a hindrance to our work, our business and our family life. How many times have you been in a meeting where everyone is incessantly checking for e-mail updates, social media news or even Instagram! Though its capabilities to enhance our business is great, if not used wisely, we can appear disinterested and disconnected with our in-person meetings with colleagues and clients.
Don’t get caught looking down where your colleagues see only the top of your head. Keep your focus up so you can gather the brilliance of the masterminds, friends and business partners face to face without that tempting distraction.
Get your copy of my latest new books available now on my Amazon’s author page.