I’ve interacted with hundreds of prospective clients over the years. Many became clients of ours while others did not. I’ve learned what the best attributes are of my prospective clients. Here is the list I have created:
- They are responsive which means they answer calls and emails, attend scheduled appointments and meetings and rarely or never cancel them.
- They are serious in their pursuit of the right solution and partner and don’t waste their time or mine.
- They are honest and share openly the questions around their challenges, budget and how they would paint success.
- They are enthusiastic and love what they do and they bring their passion to their work and the conversations. You can hear it in their voice.
- They have a clear purpose as to why they do what they do and how they impact their clients.
- They ask great questions.
- They are open for feedback and especially to new ideas that will improve and transform their business and life.
- They are ready to move forward quickly, make a change, take action and Raise the Barr®. They follow through on their commitments.
- They become a great and rewarding client to work with for many years to come.
An unpleasant prospective client can become a very unpleasant and difficult client. On the other hand, a good prospective client, usually becomes a remarkable client, an asset to your organization and someone you treasure investing your time and energy with.
I’ve been fortunate to work with incredible prospective clients who have joined together with my company and are great clients who are a pleasure to serve. I hope you are one of them!
Pay attention to these attributes and the potential warning signs to avoid tremendous frustration and waste of time.
Get your copy of my latest new books available now on my Amazon’s author page.